The 5th International FIG Workshop on 3D Cadastres will be organized in Athens Greece, 18 (afternoon) -20 (morning) October 2016. Together with the 11th 3D GeoInfo Conference (20-21 October 2016), this is part of the Joint 3D Athens Conference 2016, Greece (http://www.3dathens2016.gr/).
The increasing complexity of infrastructures and densely built-up areas requires a proper registration of the legal status (private and public), which can only be provided to a limited extent by the existing 2D cadastral registrations. The registration of the legal status in complex 3D situations will be investigated under the header of 3D Cadastres. The 5th International Workshop on 3D Cadastres addresses the developments in the following areas:
- 3D Cadastre operational experiences (analysis, LADM based, learn from each other, discover gaps)
- 3D Cadastre cost effective work flow for new/updated 3D parcels = 4D (part of whole chain: from planning/design/permit in 3D, to registration/use in 3D)
- 3D Cadastre web-based dissemination (usability, man-machine interfaces, including mobile/AR)
- Legal aspects for 3D Cadastre, best legal practises in various legislation systems
- Focus on large cities, including developing countries
The intention is to also include the presentation of overview reports with the progress in the last years in four key areas of 3D Cadastres:
- Legal framework 3D Cadastres
- Initial registration of 3D parcels
- 3D data management
- Visualization, distribution and delivery of 3D parcels
The submission of extended abstract of 500-1000 words is organized via EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=3dcad2016. If illustrations are important in the extended abstract, then upload the extended abstract as pdf, otherwise enter extended abstract as plain text in the EasyChair web-form. For the workshop the acceptance of the contributions will be based on the reviews of extended abstracts (deadline 15 May 2016). Authors of accepted submissions are asked to submit full paper by 1 September 2016. Full papers will be included in both the on-line and printed proceedings (available at the workshop), published by the FIG with ISBN/ISSN reference.
The time-line for the FIG 3D Cadastre 2016 workshop looks like:
- extended abstract: 15 May 2016
- reviewing: 15 June 2016
- final version full paper: 1 September 2016
- workshop: 18-20 October 2016
Special issue ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (IJGI)
After the workshop, selected authors (based on review of full workshop papers and presentations/ discussions at workshop) are invited to submit an significantly extended/ changed version to the special issue of the journal ISPRS IJGI: ISSN 2220-9964, http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/, SCIE journal) before 31 March 2017. Then this paper goes through the peer review process of the journal. As it is an open access journal normally authors have to pay publication fee when accepted (for this journal 900 CHF in 2016). However, for the authors of the invited papers of the workshop these fees will be covered.
For the FIG 5th International Workshop on 3D Cadastres please click here